PetSense Shallotte Meet-N-Greet
June 20 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
A New Venue for us! Stop by the PetSense in Shallotte to meet retired racing greyhounds, learn about our foster and adoption programs, or just socialize with greys and their peeps!
Please note, we will abide by Petsense Dog Adoption Event protocol:
- We must maintain our social distance policies and capacity limits at Petsense. Our adoption partner staff will be instructed to adhere to 6 ft social distancing policy, including among their team members, with customers and with our associates. Example, they cannot have 2 volunteers sitting next to each other at a table.
- Adoption Group and its employees will follow all federal, state and local safety mandates, regardless of whether those mandates are posted in the Petsense stores.
- Rescue staff must follow associate temperature check procedures and a wellness self check prior to setting up the adoption event.
- Rescue staff must be able to load, unload and set up all equipment to conduct the event, and will wear disposable gloves when doing so.
- If we will have more than 10 people in our store at one time due to the event, the event should take place out in front of the store, on the sidewalk or parking lot.
- Wherever the adoption group sets up, the store will need to measure 6 ft spacing and tape an X on the floor. Customers will need to wait in line to see and interact with the dogs. We must enforce one family at a time, and maintain social distancing for other families.
- We realize the “family” will want to see the dogs, but one family member can wait in line, and when it is their turn, a Petsense associate can notify the other family members (either in the store or outside) that it is their turn.
- Adoption partners will be required to wear face masks during the event.
- The store will have hand sanitizer pump bottle available at the adoption table or where the paperwork is completed. All touchable surfaces will be routinely sanitized throughout the event.