Completing and signing our Adoption Contract indicates and acknowledges the adopter has read and understands any and all conditions set forth by Greyhound Friends of North Carolina (GFNC) and waives the right to protest this contract due to misinterpretation or misunderstanding.
- HEARTWORM PREVENTION: I understand and agree year-round heartworm prevention medication must be provided to the Greyhound. Heartworm prevention is purchased from your veterinarian, based on the dog’s weight.
- VACCINATIONS: I understand and agree the Greyhound must be kept current on all vaccinations for the balance of his life. Current medical records will be given to you at the time of adoption.
- ADOPTION FEE: I understand and agree the adoption fee of $325.00 is non-refundable and does not qualify as a charitable contribution. The adoption fee of $325.00 with each adopted greyhound applies towards neutering, shots, and a collar and muzzle.
- NOTIFICATION: I understand and agree to notify GFNC immediately if anything happens to my Greyhound that would require his destruction, relocation, in case of accidental death or escape. Note: You can leave a message at our main number: (336) 643-0233.
- LIVING CONDITIONS AND RESTRAINING: Greyhounds are inside dogs. Therefore, I understand and agree to keep the Greyhound indoors. The Greyhound is NEVER to be tied or chained outside nor left outside for extended periods. When the Greyhound is outside, he must be kept in a securely fenced area or on a leash with an adult. I understand and agree the Greyhound is to be kept in a humane manner and is never to be bred or raced again.
- GREYHOUND RETURNS: I understand and agree that anything that would prevent me from abiding by any of the terms of this contractual agreement or inability to keep or care for the greyhound would require the return of the Greyhound to GFNC. Greyhound returns are accepted unconditionally and your adoption fee is non-refundable. I will under no circumstances surrender the Greyhound to any other organization, such as an animal shelter, or rehome the greyhound myself to a friend, family member or list on social media (Craigslist, Facebook, Neighbors, etc.)
- LICENSE AND IDENTIFICATION: I understand and agree that the Greyhound will at all times wear a clearly marked tag reflecting both the adopter’s name and address as well as the name and address of Greyhound Friends. Identification tags can be ordered from your vet, pet catalogs, or pet stores. A GFNC Tag will be provided by GFNC.
- RESPONSIBILITY: I understand and agree as the adopter I will assume responsibility and liability arising from ownership of the Greyhound. Again, I understand and agree to ALL terms of the adoption contract, and failure to comply can result in the repossession of the Greyhound.