Thank you for your interest in adopting a greyhound.
We hope this information will encourage you to visit the adoption kennel...
Front entry with storage unit and gazebo (with a little snow on the ground).
Dedication ~ Thank you to ALL that have given throughout the 20 Years!
Memory Board - plaques that were removed from old crate system made into a wall of honor mounted in the office.
Kennel visitation hours:
Please take into consideration when visiting the kennel, it takes up to two hours or more to choose your pet.
Saturday -It would be best to arrive no later than 2:30 to 3:00pm to give yourself enough time for the kennel closes.
Sunday after 2:00 p.m., an appointment can be made by calling the kennel and a counselor will be available.
- Adoption Information and Application Form
- Monday-Friday by appointment
- Saturday 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. *arrive for a first visit NO Later than 3:00pm
- Sunday 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. * arrive for a first visit NO later than 1:00pm
- If you bring along your pet to visit with a potential best friend - best to call for an appointment. It takes appox 2-3 hours to choose a new "friend".
- Our posted hours includes the Noon turnout, which is the dogs 2nd daily turnout. Depending on the staff and volunteers available on any given day, we may need to interrupt your visit to perorm this task, which generally takes 1 hour to complete. During this time, you are welcome to watch the turnout process until we can resume working with you. Our kennel guests greatly appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
2908-A Oak Ridge Road
Oak Ridge, NC 27310
(336) 643-0233 Fax (336) 644-2703
Directions: Google Maps
Our mailing address is 2908 Oak Ridge Road that you will enter for direction but the State of NC DOT has named our gravel road and erected a street sign "Misty Hollow Lane" that leads to the kennel.
I-40, Take Exit #210, off ramp take NC 68 North past Airport, at Light take right on NC150/Oak Ridge Rd, GFNC is about 3 miles on right. We have a new street sign at the entrance Misty Hollow Lane along side our Greyhound Friends sign & mail box 2908A.